23 February 2012

Beauty Favourites: Urban Decay


I recently discovered Urban Decay cosmetics and have been searching online to learn all about them! Urban Decay's ethos is to create make-up for alternative tastes something that isnt really catered for in the mainstream cosmetic industry and they have grown to become the largest independent cosmetic retailer in the USA. Their products are unique, packaged beautifully and seem to be of a fabulous quality - even though they are in a higher price bracket, sometimes you just have to have a splurge!

My favourite pieces from the range are the Eyeshadow Primer Potion, the Cowboy Junkie Set and of course the Naked Palette which I REALLY want to try. Urban Decay believe that more neutral eyeshadow shades are tired, and have created their own range of 12 "intriguing and sexy" neutral shades in a fun palette. The packaging of the original Naked Palette looks fun too and the brush looks fabulous. It seems like the perfect palette to travel with as the colours are blendable and workable enough to suit any situation!

I went into my local House of Fraser store today as I'd seen that the Urban Decay range was available at their stores and wanted to see if the quality matched what I'd seen online and read. Sadly there was no counter for it in my town or in any of the towns within driving distance of me. I like to try beauty products before I buy them - just a swatch of the colours on my skin to see if it works with me skintone or not - and you can't buy them online in the UK so I guess this will have to remain on my wishlist!

You can view the full collection at UrbanDecay.com!


No comments:

Post a Comment