24 May 2012

What's In My Make-Up Bag?


I live life pretty constantly on the run - going from uni to work, work experience at school to Rainbows and the more fun aspects with my friends and family so I have to have a make-up look that I know I can do quickly and will look great! Also something that I can glam up for a night out or tone down for work or school. This is what I go for! 

Below, I've listed and done mini reviews for all of the products in my day-to-day make-up bag - obviously I have a lot more make-up than this but this is my go-to look and only takes a few minutes to do.

1. Champneys Bag - I was given this for free when I attended a Champneys Evening earlier this year (check out my review of the event HERE). The bag contained vouchers and mini sample products but I have now decided to use it as a make-up bag as its a great colour, see through so I can see all the products and small enough that I can chuck it in my bag - perfect.

2. Jack Wills Cromer Mirror in White - I'm not entirely sure when I brought this (I believe early 2011) but I spied this at Jack Wills and thought I'd buy it. Its a mirror on both sides of the compact on the inside, wipe clean as its metal with the fun eye logo on the front and of a really good quality. I've been using it for sometime now and love it.

3. Rimmel Hide The Blemish Concealer in Soft Honey - My go-to concealer on hot days or when I just don't want to bother with foundation, this hides those blemishes I wish to conceal. The product itself is light weight, very blendable and suits my skin colour perfectly - don't really like the packaging that much as it gets dirty pretty quickly but recently brought a new one and love it!

4. Collection Color Intense Trio in Cookie Dough - I love this eyeshadow collection. The colours are pigmented, super-blendable and are easy to glam up or tone down. You can add the lighter colour to the corners of your eyes to lighten or the darker colour for a brown smokey eye. I love it so much, I've hit pan and will definately be buying another one.

5. 17 Solo Eyeshadow in Mardi Gras - Again for a smokey eye- very pigmented and blendable and great when I want a darker sultry look for when I'm out!

6. The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara - Not my favourite mascara, but its done me well these past few months. I will be buying a different one soon as I've nearly run out but wasn't too keen on the formula. It has great staying power but is pretty heavy and can be clumpy - wouldn't say it volumises all that much either. 

7. Revlon Colorburst Lipbutters in Berry Smoothie and Macaroon - I've raved about these lipbutters so many times because I love them. I use Berry Smoothie (read my review HERE) when I want a natural day-to-day look suitable for school and such like. I use Macaroon (read my review HERE) when I'm out or want a more done-up look for the day. I couldn't recommend them more - definately worth picking up.

8. Miscellaneous Brushes - I have a small collection of brushes (I do have to say these two aren't it) but these are the two which stay in this bag - a pair of nice brushes for eyeshadow. Both were cheaply brought at supermarkets years ago and have done me well so they stay in this bag!

And... now, a no holes barred look at my make-up bag crammed with all my make-up! What a mess!


No comments:

Post a Comment