08 November 2011

Beauty Favorites: The Body Shop



The Body Shop is a brand which I adore - I can't walk past the store without popping in. I think this stemmed from the fact that my Mum always smelt of the brand when I was young as she used their fragrances. As I got older, I started testing out products myself and wanted to share a couple of my favorites with you!

I really admire their stance on animal testing, the amount of philanthropy that the company does and of course their products. The Body Shop is based in Littlehampton, West Sussex so its a brand which is very familiar to me as I live a few minutes drive away from their headquarters.


Firstly is the Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel. I have used this for a few years now and absolutely love it. Although the product is not cheap, you don't need too much of it to feel thoroughly refreshed after your shower. The scent is stunning (definitely my favorite from the brand's shower gel selection) and you leave the shower smelling amazing - and leaving the bathroom smelling fabulous too! The Body Shop are currently running a promotion "Buy More Save More" which is valid on these Shower Gels, so its definitely worth popping into a store and have a sniff to find your fave!
When I was looking for a new perfume last year, The Body Shop came to my rescue. The Body Shop Love Etc... Eau De Parfum is STUNNING. The scent is fruity but light and I don't think I've ever found a perfume that has suited my personality like this one does. The incredible blend of jasmine, Vanilla and Sandalwood are a great mix and last all day and night - often with lots of compliments. I would highly recommend this scent because its so light but makes you feel really bold and its not too expensive! I love the bottle, the whole design of the Love Etc... range and can't wait to try out more of the products from it!
My third favourite is The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara in Black. I got this as a free sample in a magazine and love it. The brush is nice, creates even coverage and length, although does clump a little and you have to remove the excess from the brush before you apply it. The colour is bold and makes your eyes pop. Whether I would buy one, I'm not sure as mascaras from other brands are a lot cheaper but I will definately finish the bottle.

Which Body Shop products do you like or would you like to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment