02 January 2012

Vogue - My Guilty Pleasure


Being a media student, the study of magazines is a pretty essential part of your course and in my second year, I did a case study on British Vogue. This was one of the big reasons why I got into fashion as I had studied issue after issue of this magazine so intensely that I couldn't help but fall in love with it.

Vogue is the pinnacle of high fashion all over the world are we're really lucky to have our own version of the magazine in the UK. My favourite cover from 2011 was Victoria Beckham by Alasdair McLellan for February (pictured above). I love the natural pose that she exhibits and how it seems like you are viewing the real Victoria on the cover. The rest of the shoot and interview inside were equally as eye opening and that is one of the many reasons why I love Vogue - I get to see a side of fashion that I'll probably not get to experience personally myself.

My guilty pleasure in the magazine has to be the adverts - I could stare at them for hours on end. Those high class brands which I aspire to purchase pieces from one day, create the most stunningly provocative adverts that really appeal to me. The incredible mix of brands also inspires me - with H&M, Topshop and other high street brands advertising alongside the likes of Louis Vuitton and Prada, it makes me feel like the high street trends that I buy into aren't all that far from the catwalks of London, New York and Paris.

Whenever I have some spare cash, I'll almost always spend it on a fashion magazine and Vogue is my absolute favourite splurge! Do any fashion magazines inspire you? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment