25 April 2012

My 10 Little Secrets Tag


The fabulous FleurDeForce answered the '10 Little Secrets' tag in one of her AprilVlog videos earlier this week. The questions are fun and interesting, so I thought I'd do the tag myself but obviously not in video form! This is a little different from my usual daily blog posts, so without further or do...

1. What is one product that makes you feel like a million dollars?
Wearing nail varnish is always a treat - I love trying new colours and really feel made up and glamourous when I'm rocking painted nails in a colour that really suits my skin.

2. What is your skincare secret / a passed down skincare tip?
I'm lucky enough to have really clear skin on my face and people always ask me how I keep it so nice. The truth of the matter is that I have naturally good skin so my biggest tip would be to not use a tonne of products. I know when I went to my Champneys Evening (Read my event review HERE), the therapist was encouraging me to try all of these different products but I know that simply moisturising my skin keeps my face looking fresh and clean so I'll stick with that!

3. What is your haircare secret?
This is not a haircare secret specifically but I really like the natural messy curls look - that beachy, Abercrombie model type look and have kind of found a way to do that without using heat treatments which damage your hair. I usually shower in the evening and throw my hair up into a rough bun before I've even brushed it or done anything to it in anyway - just immediately throw it into a bun. In the morning, your hair is dry and you've got the messy curls look which is straight down to your ears (where your hair has been pulled up tight for the night) and curly underneath! Love it!

4. What is your biggest diet rule?
Dessert is a big deal in my house as my family all love it. For me, my main course always fills me up, so I find it pretty pointless that you're then going to woof a huge slice of cake when you're already full! As I stay up pretty late into the night, I usually find at about 10pm I get hungry so I eat my dessert then! I know I'll get hungry at 10pm whether or not I eat dessert at dinner time, so instead of eating it with everyone else, I save it until then! Means you don't need to feel quite so bad about yourself when you get it!

5. Any workout tips?
Having the right music for each point of your workout is key for me. My main workout is cycling and I like to ride to dubstep and tunes with heavy bass and rhythm to them. It keeps me motivated, my pace fast and brain occupied! I have playlists on my iPod so that I don't have to fiddle around finding the right songs for each moment because silence between songs really destroys your pace and focus. So definately get some music on when you workout!

6. What perfume is your secret weapon?
I really love the Hollister Laguna Beach Body Spray. Although not strictly a perfume, the scent is gorgeous and stays around for a good few hours. The packaging is cute, you got a lot of product for your money and its from a brand that I really love (My full review of this product can be found HERE).

7. Show us an item of clothing of yours that always turns heads!
I've got a great little H&M mini dress which is lace with a nude slip beneath. I often get compliments from people when I'm wearing it and it gives me so much confidence when I'm out and about rocking it!

8. What is your most treasured piece of jewelry?
My little sister Katy gave me an adorable necklace for my 18th birthday. It wasn't expensive or from a big brand, but a little heart saying big sister. It's simple and small but meant so much at the time. I didn't take it off for a very long time but unfortunately now the metal is starting to get worn so its hanging in my wardrobe!

9. Who is your style crush?
If there was one person who's closet I could raid (and for all of the items I wanted to have be in my size), it would be Ashley Tisdale. The range of brands she wears from All Saints to Chanel, Abercrombie to Louis Vuitton, plus Planet Blue, Free People, Wildfox Couture, Lauren Moshi and so many more, she seems to have an item of clothing for every occasion! And her handbag, shoes, jewelry and sunglasses collection is to die for! I would love to have a hunt around her wardrobe!

10. Tell us something we don't know about you!
As much as I love dressing up and feeling glamourous, I often feel most comfortable and myself in a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. Although I would never go out of the house in them - I suppose I am a typical student after all!

I'd love to hear your answers to the tag, so if you do it, tweet me a link and I'll pop along for a read!

No comments:

Post a Comment