03 June 2012

Craving: Free People Molly Solid Buttondown


With summer briefly appearing this week, I've started looking at some of the summer trends which I want to incorporate into my own personal wardrobe.

Currently, I'm craving the Free People Molly Solid Buttondown in Light Pink. I really like the sheer trend where you can add a tank top, cami or bra underneath a semi-sheer top to create layers and add a little depth or edge to your outfit. Its also nice having a slightly oversized sheer piece of clothing and then skin-tight top beneath to show off your figure. This kind of top can be dressed up for work or a night out, or dressed down with jeans for a more casual look - its just so flexible.

The only problem with the sheer look is that if its not done properly, then it looks horrible - in the case of the the Free People Molly Solid Buttondown, I don't think that would happen because the piece itself is just so beautiful. I like the pleated detailing and the pocket on the front, as well as the Peter-Pan-esque collar and skinny buttons. The colour is perfectly feminine and very summery too.

What do you think of the sheer trend? Would you add this Free People piece to your wardrobe? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment