05 June 2012

Today's Nails: Max Factor Max Effect Nail Polish in Fantasy Fire


I have heard and read SO much about this nail varnish that I thought it was about time I tried some out for myself. I just happened to be in Boots and looking at the nail varnishes and there was one bottle of this shade left - it was a sign and so I made sure to buy it pretty quickly! Apologies for my picture - this nail varnish is so hard to photograph - although it doesn't look great on here, in person its a great look!

I already knew that to wear the colour by itself would be difficult as its so hard to get it to be fully opaque (some bloggers have reported 4 coats and still not opaque), so I made sure to use a basecoat. Therefore... today I'm wearing Max Factor Max Effect Nail Polish in Fantasy Fire with Essie's Bobbing For Baubles beneath.  I used one layer of Essie and one layer of Max Factor on top and it gave a really nice look. I'm sure I'll play around with adding other colours to be the base coat but I'm really happy with how this turned out - the blue sets off the holographic colour and the glitter gives it an extra dimension too.

As always with these polishes, the brush gives you a lot of polish with one quick dip in the bottle so be careful you don't load to much on and not be able to get rid of it. The holographic element gives you hints of gold, blue, purple, pink and more, its very exotic and looks great in different lights. Overall I'd give it a 7/10 - a great colour I just wish it was opaque in fewer coats - without a base coat this colour would be perfect but unfortunately, for me it seems like a necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment