07 February 2012

Today's Nails: Pink Sparkle


Today I decided to layer my nail varnish to create a slightly different look - well slightly different for me anyway! I started with a base coat of Collection 2000's Lasting Colour in Marshmallow, then once it was tacky I added a layer of Barry M Limited Edition Effects in Silver Glitter, finally I topped it off with a layer of Barry M Topcoat and Nail Hardener in Clear

I wanted something that was girly and professional looking with a fun twist but unfortunately the picture above doesn't really do this look justice! The finished look is great as I only did one coat of pink at the bottom, so the look is more subtle with the glittery highlight. I also don't usually add a topcoat but with the layer of glitter, I thought it was sensible to seal it in with a topcoat so that it wouldn't chip glitter specks everywhere!

I've had quite a few compliments on the colour (I suppose the glitter draws attention to the look!) and people seemed surprised that it was a layered look so I'm quite happy with my first experimentation!

What do you think? Do you ever layer nail varnishes for different looks? Let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment