06 May 2012

Revlon Colourburst Lipbutter in Macaroon


The Revlon Colourburst Lipbutter in Macaroon is a medium dusty red shade with hints of gold shimmer. Its a natural colour that is perfect for your classic day-to-day neutral make-up look, and its become a firm favourite in my make-up bag.

As with my previous experience with this range of products, the colour is a lot brighter and more vibrant on your lips than you would normally expect from what is essentially a tinted lipbalm. It stays bright for a few hours before fading to be a subtle hint on your lips. The "butter" itself is great when you apply it, as it gives your lips some shine and makes them soft, but the "butteryness" disappears quite quickly so its more like you're just wearing a lipstick. I would say though that the can sometimes apply in a pretty patchy way which can spoil your look especially if you want a subtle lip shade - as these are lip butters you would kind of expect a one swipe and you're ready type product but that's not always true.

Macaroon is a shade that is exclusive to the UK, so for any international visitors I'm afraid that its currently unavailable - to any Brits like me, its totally worth picking up. I don't know if they're quite worth the £7.99 which they retail at but I've got myself two shades now and have been utterly impressed by both.

You can read my review of the Revlon Colourburst Lipbutter in Berry Smoothie which has a bit more detail about the packaging etc HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment