30 January 2012

Last Night's Looks: 2012 SAG Awards


The 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards were held at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles last night (January 29th), so I thought I would post about some of my favourite red carpet fashion from the event! 

Natalie Portman wore a gorgeous strapless Giambattista Valli gown in a fabulous berry colour - the bow detailing on the neckline is great and I love how it draws in at the waist before flowing out into the skirt - it shows her figure off perfectly! She paired it with a pair of Jimmy Choos, an embellished Judith Leiber Clutch and Harry Winston jewels. The ruby and diamond earrings are attention grabbing and perfectly compliment the look and toting that silver clutch brings life to the outfit. Usually I'm not keen on having hair up with strapless dresses but with the bold neckline detail, I think it works great!

Jayma Mays walked the carpet in a glittering black Reem Acra gown which she paired with Brian Atwood Heels, a Judith Leiber Clutch and Neil Lane Jewelry. My favourite part about this dress is the lace back which creates a real centrepiece and uniqueness, whilst the long train is fun and adds dimension to an otherwise figure hugging piece. The earrings are a great addition but although the rest of her make-up is flawless, I'm not keen on the colour of the eyeshadow - it seems a bit out of place.




Dianna Agron wore a sleeveless gown from Carolina Herrera which she paired with Jimmy Choo's, a Ferragamo bag and Fred Leighton jewelry. I like that the dress is not to over-complicated and is figure hugging so gives her some shape. I'm not keen on the neckline and think she should have added a simple necklace here as it looks pretty bare up top! I like the way her hair has been styled with the messy fishtail braid and her make-up is flawless too! This look is very mature and I think it suits Dianna fabulously.


Lea Michele walked the red carpet in a floor length, one shoulder Versace dress, silver Casadei heels, a Fendi bag and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry.  I really struggled to find a picture of this dress from the front (it seemed like she walked the red carpet sideways - perhaps she only likes the look from the side?!) and I'm not keen on the layers on the bodice or the color but I do like the flowiness of the skirt. I particularly like the bangle that she's wearing as its bold but I feel like her hair would have been better in a half up/half down do to really show of the one-shoulder detailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment