14 September 2012

My GIY Wrap Bracelets


This summer, Ingrid (or Miss Glamorazzi on YouTube) started a series where she creates her own beauty accessories which she called GIY (Glam It Yourself). She has created bags, make-up brush holders and, in July, wrap bracelets.

Inspired (and having been hunting for some wrap bracelets I love for a few weeks), I decided to give it a go. I took a trip to Hobbycraft and purchased the different width coloured cording, closures and beads. I went for a light pink and two darker purple cords and some light purple wire for the bead bracelet, which I thought would blend together and be great for the berry tones of winter. I'd made three different style bracelets within an hour of getting home - once you've got the hang of the first knot (the light pink bracelet), the progression into the other two knots is simple! Adding the beads really attracts attention to them and its nice knowing that no one else has the wrap bracelets like yours.

What do you think of my bracelets - let me know your thoughts in the comments below! Check out the full video on how to create them yourself below and let me know if you give them a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment