16 January 2012

Last Night's Looks: Golden Globes


The Golden Globes Awards were held at the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles last night (January 15th), so I thought I would post about some of my favourite red carpet fashion from the event!

Jessica Alba chose an embellished strapless lavender gown from Gucci and added Giuseppe Zanotti heels and Bulgari diamond jewelry. This shows off her incredible figure to its absolute best with the tight figure hugging bodice matched with the short but delicate train. I also love how the embellishment is followed throughout the outfit - not just the dress. Its a very romantic, elegant look that Jessica pulls off fabulously!


Sarah Hyland went for a a figure hugging Dolce and Gabbana gown with black belt and black clutch. I adore the lace detailing of both the dress and belt as it makes the outfit look so feminine and dreamy - pairing it with that belt gives it a rockier edge which is so fun. The hair style also looks great and brings this whole elegant look together - minus the infamous wardrobe malfunction, I think it was a great pick!


As the new face of Dior, Mila Kunis chose a one shoulder Christian Dior floorlength gown and Cartier Jewelry. I love the nude inner layer of fabric which really makes the ruffling of the bodice stand out. Not all that keen on the shoulder strap (I think it would have looked great without it and with her hair down), but the  floaty skirt looks dreamy and just so fun, whilst the shape itself is wearable by so many types of figures.


Charlize Theron opted for a high-low Christian Dior gown with embellished Cartier Headband and Givenchy Heels. The ruffle in the risen skirt matched with the flowing train look stunning and I love how she's chosen to add a headband - I feel like not enough stars really use their hair to its full potential in outfits! I also like the deep V neckline - I usually HATE it in dresses but she really pulls it off well!

No comments:

Post a Comment